Enjoy! At least 5 vegetables and fruits every day.
- Eat at least one vegetable or fruit at every meal.
- Try a new vegetable or fruit. It may take many attempts before you enjoy a new taste.
- Wash and cut up vegetables and fruit so they are ready to grab and eat. Remember to place them where they will be seen.
- Try new ways to prepare vegetables and fruit to make them tasty.
Power down! No more than 2 hours of screen time per day.
- Make screen time rules.
- Keep screens out of the bedroom.
- Turn off screens and enjoy a family meal together.
- Find ways to have fun without screen time.
*No screen time under the age of two.
Move more! – At least 1 hour of physical activity every day.
- Enjoy outdoor activities every season.
- Plan to be active every day.
- Find activities you enjoy.
- Be active together.
Drink more water! – 0 sugar added beverages.
- Make water your first choice. Add slices of vegetables or fruit for flavor.
- Plain milk and soy beverages are part of a healthy diet.
- Read the ingredient list to know if sugar has been added.
- Avoid sugar added beverages such as pop, fruit punch, sport and energy drinks and even limit 100% pure fruit juice.